Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Status: Non-exempt, 20-30 hours / week
About Healthier Colorado (healthiercolorado.org):
Healthier Colorado is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to raising the voices of Coloradans in the public policy process to improve the health of our state’s residents. We believe that every Coloradan should have a fair chance at living a healthy life. The people of Colorado are our constituency, and Healthier Colorado aims to make meaningful improvements throughout our state’s diverse communities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Healthier Colorado is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Healthier Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Primary Duties and Function:
This position provides timely and accurate administrative support services for our directors to enhance the quality of the overall service we provide to our constituency. Work involves disseminating information, maintaining filing systems, and performing internal administrative support work. This person must be an open minded, highly organized and energetic self-starter requiring minimal daily supervision and should be able to interface with culturally diverse staff and in a professional manner.
Examples of work performed:
- Assist with onboarding and orientation of new employees (e.g., ordering office supplies, business cards, name tags, parking, etc.)
- Assist with board packets/ copies
- Help with scheduling events/ meetings, including ordering and setting up food and coffee as necessary
- Assist in compiling and analyzing data, making calculations, and preparing reports.
- Maintains and tracks accurate and up-to-date files/data
- Participates in the planning and execution of programs and/or events.
- Helps coordinate meetings, fundraising events, and community organizing events.
- Handle travel logistics, including lodging, flights and rental cars for team trips
- Order office supplies and branded merchandise and promotional materials.
- Order RTD passes for staff – monthly
- Assist with Annual Report and other reports as necessary
- Assist with Legislative Scorecard, including maintaining the bill tracking spreadsheet weekly, editing scorecard drafts, printing, and distribution of final product
- Assist with distribution and collection of Legislative Candidate Survey Submissions
- Assist with website maintenance, iPad set-up and updates
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (G.E.D) required; Associate’s Degree or higher education preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills, qualities and abilities:
- Strong computer and analytical skills, utilizing Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook/ Google calendaring programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills of the English language.
- Skill in conducting basic research including gathering and assimilating information pertinent to assignments using the Internet and other resources.
- Skill in communicating with others to effectively carry out essential job functions.
- Skill in meeting management including set up, invitations, copies, catering, travel logistics and planning, and meeting minutes
- Skill in properly handling confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and will reflect a 20- 30 hour work week. Healthier Colorado’s office environment is relaxed and a culture of accountability allows for significant workplace flexibility.
How To Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT no later than October 19, 2018. No phone calls, please.