We’re looking for a creative and strategic revolutionary to join us in building a new movement for health. This person thrives in a laboratory of ideas alongside others, is committed to soberly measuring results, and embraces opportunities to learn from both success and failures. This to-be-identified Communications Director will join a nimble, diverse team and assume responsibility for our external communication. If this might be you (and you meet the listed qualifications), then you should apply.
The Communications Director is a newly created position responsible for leading the external communication strategy for Healthier Colorado to help us raise the voices of Coloradans in the public policy process to improve population health. This position’s duties include:
- Strategically managing the organization’s brand, with a focus on crafting brand perception with targeted audiences to advance the goals of the organization.
- Generating and executing communication ideas and materials that garner the attention of intended audiences, galvanizes and grows our constituency, and moves political decision-makers.
- Leading our online engagement efforts to cultivate donors and activists, and collaborating with other staff to integrate these online efforts with field and political engagement.
- Spearheading earned and paid media strategy and managing corresponding vendor contracts.
- Supervising and fostering the professional development of at least one communications team member.
- Along with other team members, measure and track relevant engagement and fundraising metrics.
The salary is competitive and the exact level will be adjusted to skills and experience. Compensation includes health insurance and retirement benefits.
While this position has some flexibility in the experience level required, the ideal candidate is the rare bird who can execute both digital strategy and earned media, and possesses the following minimum qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in developing online activists and donors on behalf of a campaign or institution.
- At least 7 years of experience in communications, community organizing, electoral, legislative or other advocacy campaigns.
- Experience managing staff and/or contractors; experience in developing nascent talent a distinct plus.
- Experience in health policy is a plus, but not required.
About Healthier Colorado
Healthier Colorado is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to raising the voices of Coloradans in the public policy process to improve the health of our state’s residents. We believe that every Coloradan should have a fair chance at living a healthy life. The people of Colorado are our constituency, and Healthier Colorado aims to make meaningful improvements throughout our state’s diverse communities.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter describing your interest in the position to Hillary Jorgensen at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.