Title: Digital Communications Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Digital Communications Manager will be filled by a communications professional who is passionate about Healthier Colorado’s mission and committed to producing high quality content for the various audiences that Healthier Colorado works with. The Digital Communications Manager will work on a variety of activities to help the communications team adequately communicate with members, decision makers, and the general public. This position works closely with the communications team as well as the field team and policy/politics team to ensure that the communications needs of Healthier Colorado’s campaigns as well as overall organizational goals are being met. We’ll rely on this person to explore new tools, new communications channels, and new strategies for us to employ, so that we can reach our statewide audience with compelling, targeted messages.
This position’s duties include but are not limited to:
Data and CRM Management:
● General maintenance of CRM(EveryAction), including data uploads, appropriate tagging, and data cleaning
● Tracking various key data points and numerical metrics in relation to Healthier Colorado’s yearly and long term goals
Online Activist Mobilization and Acquisition:
● Significant knowledge creating content for and executing paid digital advertising through social media, google ads, banner ads, ect.
● Experience working in the political sphere, campaigns, and/or local government.
● Working in collaboration with the rest of the communications team and other staff to establish and execute the advocacy communications plan including:
- Sending advocacy emails to our membership;
- Social media posting;
- Working in conjunction with the field and communications teams to execute an online member recruitment and retention plan;
- Working collaboratively with the Development Director to create event invites and execute Healthier Colorado’s online fundraising program;
- Website maintenance and content updates for all of Healthier Colorado’s main and project web properties;
- Development, setup, execution, and analysis of email testing
● Collaborate with the Senior Director of Communications to analyze and optimize paid and organic digital advocacy strategy and tactics, including copy and graphical content creation and optimization
● Assist in the design and creation of graphics, logos, event invitations, flyers, etc. for online and offline use
● Collaborate with communications and field teams to analyze and optimize text message and organizing strategy and tactics
● Assist Senior Director of Communications with earned media tracking and outreach, including the creation of press releases, reporter outreach, and compilation of daily clips as assigned
● Work at the direction of the Senior Director of Communications to produce written pieces intended for grass tops audiences. This includes op-eds, finalizing legislative fact sheets, etc. Other Media Projects
● Undertake editing of documents and materials as assigned
Other Media Projects
● Lead and execute Healthier Colorado’s in-house video production
● Lead the editing and posting process for Healthier Colorado’s monthly podcast, Wooden Teeth.
● Collaborate with the Senior Director of Communications and other appropriate teams to produce various external reports such as the annual report, legislative scorecard, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or related experience.
● At least two years of experience in digital communications, digital ad creation, and online organizing.
● Experience managing multiple social media platforms with high engagement and conversions.
● Understanding of CRM management (preferably EveryAction).
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $58,000. Healthier Colorado’s office environment is relaxed and a culture of accountability which allows for significant workplace flexibility.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to KPiccola@healthiercolorado.org with subject line: Digital Communications Manager. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Healthier Colorado is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Healthier Colorado does not discriminate in employment or advancement opportunities on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation (including gender identity and gender expression), disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.